We understand that the potential cost of a funeral can create anxiety and worry at an already difficult time and we try to be as accommodating as possible in this respect. If you do have any concerns in relation to the cost, please talk to one of our staff who can guide you through options available and potential government support you may be entitled to.
There are a number of individual elements that combine to form your final funeral invoice. These include:
- Making the funeral arrangements and associated administration
- Removal and care of the deceased
- Conducting the funeral service
- Provision of coffin
- Funeral vehicles
- Additional optional items (including things such as service sheets, flowers, etc.)
- External charges such as doctors’ fees, clergy or crematorium charges
These elements all fall into one of two categories:
- Funeral Directors Professional Charges - arrangements, coffin, vehicles, etc.
- Third Party Disbursements - doctor’s fee’s, cemetery, crematorium, clergy or church fees
As a family business, it is our objective to provide competitive and fair charges for the services we offer and to give you as many options as we can to suit your wishes and budget.
As well as being members of SAIF (Society Of Allied And Independent Funeral Directors), P.G. Oxley Limited are also members of NAFD (National Association of Funeral Directors). As part of our commitment to their code of practice we offer a basic and respectable ‘Simple Funeral Service’ which includes a suitable coffin and provision of a hearse direct to a local crematorium or cemetery. We are happy to provide more details of this upon request.
In certain circumstances, help towards funeral expenses may be claimed from the government via the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP). Our staff can provide advice and help you with completion of the necessary forms if you require.
We aim to provide you with support and assistance at this time to ensure you have peace of mind whilst you undertake the arrangements of your loved ones funeral.